September 3: Grade 10 Welcome
- class outline and classroom expectations
- supplies list
September 4: sewing machine demo
- Ms. Aalhus will be here to show all of us (myself included) the basic parts of a sewing machine. For those who already know how to use a sewing machine, she'll be pointing out the pitfalls and idiosyncracies that come with this particular model.
- We will go over the course outline and classroom expectations in more detail, and repeat the supplies list for anyone who wasn't here yesterday.
September 5: sewing paper
- Get your textbooks - be sure you have your ID card and receipt.
- You can begin the theory work for the first module... parts of a sewing machine, etc.
- using an old needle and scrap paper, you'll have a chance to practice sewing straight lines, curves, and zigzags
September 6: sewing fabric
- using scraps of fabric, you'll have a chance to practice sewing straight lines, curves, and programmed stitches
September 9: stitch sampler
- on scrap fabric, you will create a sampler that demonstrates your ability to sew a variety of different stitches and to press them properly.
September 10: sewing paper
- draft the pattern and carefully read all of the instructions